Friday, December 23, 2011
Round 3..
Last week we were back up at PCMC for 3 days for round 3 of treatment. Chloe as usual did pretty well considering what her little body is going through. The first day we are there we spend most of the day getting fluids because the chemo meds that they give her (carboplatin, and etoposide) can cause damage to her liver, so they put fluids in her and moniter how much urine she is producing before they will start her treatments. After she has had enough wet diapers which is usually about 4 hours after then they start her chemo meds. She usually gets 3 different kinds ( carboplatin,etoposide and cyclophosphamide) and they run for 1 hour each, after those have ran for 3 hours, they give her fluids for the rest of the night and into the next day, which they give only the etoposide, and on the 3rd day the etoposide again. The first day we are there Chloe usually does pretty well, the biggest challenge of that first day is making sure she doesn't step on her I.V. and yank it out of her, so I spend the whole day holding her and keeping her entertained. That first night into day 2, I can definitely see that she is not her happy self. She sleeps ALOT, dry heaves and will usually not eat anything, day 3 she doesn't act sick as much, but you can tell she still isn't feeling well, and will sleep alot. This time we were up at the hospital my mom had Colin and Paige, so she decided to bring them up to see her. Chloe really needed them, she literally hopped up from her hospital crib and started grinning ear to ear and squealing when they walked in her room. It is AMAZING how much joy my kids bring to each other. They were able to hang out until we were discharged, and they came home with me. I was glad they were able to finally come up to the hospital to see what goes on when mommy and chloe are gone at the hospital. We have been home for almost a week and Chloe is doing pretty good. I was told by the nutritionists at PCMC that I need to fatten Chloe up, she is in the 2% for her weight, so I have been giving her lots of goodies, she is loving it! Her home health nurse came and drew labs yesterday and her blood counts all look good. I still have to give her neupogen shots every night, to help bring her white blood cells up which kinda stinks because they make Chloe sore, but for the most part she is being a trooper like always.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment