Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Last round of chemo!! YAY!
Last week I took Chloe in for her 8th round of chemo. I cannot believe we have finally reached this point. At diagnosis when they told us she would have to come in every 3 weeks for 3 LONG days of chemo it was SO overwhelming and scary. Thankfully our strong baby girl has done extremely well through all of it. She has the most amazing spirit. There have been those days that you can tell she doesn't feel well, but she refuses to relax. She just wants to keep up with her brother and sister. I am SO thankful that she is such a fiesty little girl, it sure has helped her through this crazy cancer journey. In a few weeks we have to go in for a CT scan, X ray, a bone scan, EKG to check her heart, an audio test for her hearing, and a back poke to check her bone marrow...if all come back favorable ( at least 95%) then they will schedule her surgery to get her line removed. I am so happy to be near the end of this. I want to be able to get back to our life and let Chloe enjoy her childhood. This cancer has stolen so many moments from her like her first birthday party, family Christmas parties, many other get togethers, and small day to day things like playing at playgrounds or just splashing in the tub. Because Mike (Daddy) works out of state 20 days at a time it makes me the primary parent trying to do it all for all 3 kids, which unfortunatly hasn't worked out so well the past months. My other two kids have had to be sent to sitters, and I have missed some milestones in their schooling, which has made them and me sad. So needless to say this can't be over soon enough!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment